In this section, you'll find our two CLOVES publications for kids, blogs, e-magazines, access to our secret FaceBook group, as well as resources for coping with progressive and chronic illness.
Four Leaf Clovers - A book for young children with CLOVES
The story of Four Leaf Clovers draws parallels between children with CLOVES Syndrome and those without, focusing on acceptance, inclusion, and diversity. Four Leaf Clovers strives to not only illustrate acceptance but to shine a light on some simple ways being different can have its benefits. While it was written with CLOVES Syndrome in mind, Four Leaf Clovers is truly a story about embracing differences of all kinds. The age range for this book is approximately 8 and under, but the message is for people of all ages!
Four Leaf Clovers was written by Lauren Beaureguard, in collaboration with Kristen Davis, Executive Director of CLOVES Syndrome Community, and beautifully illustrated by artist Kate Fitzpatrick.
Suggested donation to cover the cost of printing the book + shipping in the US is $25.
If you'd like to donate an extra $25, so someone who cannot afford the book, receives one, please do so. If you'd like a book for your child, but cannot afford it, please email us at the address above to discuss scholarship options.
To purchase this book, just make a donation https://clovessyndrome.org/donate-now of $25 and put a note in the notes section that says Four Leaf Clovers and/or a donation of $50 with a note that says Four Leaf Clovers + donation.
If you'd like to buy this book and have it shipped internationally, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a price quote for international shipping. If you'd like a book for your child, but cannot afford it, please email us at the address above to discuss options.
Incredible You - A Book for Kids with CLOVES
This book was created by author Lindsay Passodelis, in collaboration with CLOVES Syndrome Community. This book is geared towards kids who are between the ages of 8 and 13 years old, and is suitable for kids with CLOVES, their friends, and family members.
In this book you will meet Kate, a ten year old with CLOVES Syndrome. You will read about Kate's medical experiences, how she talks about CLOVES, her friendships, how she copes and how she loves to have fun.
There are three ways to access this resource
- Suggested donation for this book is $25, to cover our costs to print and ship. If you put a check in the mail, enclose a note with how many copies of the book you would like.
Donation options here
If you'd like a copy and cannot afford the $25 suggested donation, please contact us at email@example.com, as a generous donor has provided us with the ability to gift a limited number of copies to people with CLOVES.
- You can also buy copies directly from Blurb here. This is a great option if you'd like multiple copies as we have limited printed stock in our office.
- Print out the PDF of this book for free.
- Peace, Love, Heal - A blog about living with CLOVES
- A Resource for Kids about Segmental Overgrowth - by Segmental Overgrowth Study
- Bandaides and Blackboards - This is a site dedicated to kids growing up with medical challenges
- Sew Able Dolls - Unique dolls just like you! - a company that makes dolls with special needs, wheelchairs and adaptive equipment
- Article about animals with prosthetics (helper legs, arms, fins) - From Wired Magazine
- Website about pets with special needs - A website about adopting and caring for pets with special needs
- Paralyzed pets having fun - A recent CBS article on pets with special needs
- Complex Child E-Magazine - Complex Child is a monthly online magazine written by parents of children with special healthcare needs and disabilities
- Disarming Disability - We live with a disability, but that's only part of our story.
To join our secret Facebook Group for people with CLOVES and their families, please friend our welcome account .