SUBSCRIBE TO OUR MAILING LIST
RARE AS ONE
We’re part of the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative’s Rare As One Network — a group of 50 patient-led organizations that are accelerating research and driving progress in the fight against rare diseases.
Welcome to CLOVES Syndrome Community
The vision of CLOVES Syndrome Community is an improved quality of life for those living with CLOVES syndrome. Our mission is to support, educate, empower and improve the lives of those affected by CLOVES syndrome.
CLOVES Syndrome Community does this by cultivating a thriving patient community, convening medical and family conferences, publishing books for children, funding medical research and assisting families with long term medical costs. We also bring families together for Betsy’s Camp, an annual opportunity for community, fun and relaxation. CLOVES Syndrome Community is part of the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative’s Rare As One Network— a group of 30 patient-led organizations that are driving progress in the fight against rare diseases. We’re proud to be creating a patient-led research network to accelerate research and find treatment options for people with CLOVES and PIK3CA Related Conditions.
WHAT IS CLOVES SYNDROME?
CLOVES Syndrome stands for Congenital, Lipomatous, Overgrowth, Vascular Malformations, Epidermal Nevi and Spinal/Skeletal Anomalies and/or Scoliosis and was identified simultaneously and independently by Saap et al. and Alomari. CLOVES is caused by a somatic genetic mutation in a gene called PIK3CA that increases the activity of the gene. CLOVES belongs to a category of diseases known as PIK3CA-related overgrowth spectrum or PROS.
LATEST NEWS & UPDATES
- First publication from the VACOM Research StudySince 2021, CLOVES Syndrome Community has supported the work of Dr. Bryan Sisk, Assistant Professor of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology at Bioethics Research Center with conducting a
- Thank you to PrimeLendingSmashing into Spring! Thank you to our friends at PrimeLending, who chose CLOVES Syndrome Community as the beneficiary for their 1st Annual Smash Event at the Riot
- Our 2022 Research Grant Recipient is Dr. Wen Yi AwThe Scientific and Medical Advisory Board and Board of Directors of CLOVES Syndrome Community are pleased to award Dr. Wen Yih Aw of The University of North
- Exciting news for the CLOVES/PROS community: FDA approves Novartis Vijoice (alpelisib) as first and only treatment for select patients with PIK3CA-Related Overgrowth Spectrum (PROS)Vijoice is first approved treatment to specifically address the root cause of PROS conditions in select patients 2 years of age and older1. PROS is a spectrum
- Ride, wheel or walk your way with us on June 11, 2022We are excited to announce that we are once again participating in the Million Dollar Bike Ride fundraiser on June 11th in Philadelphia. Not able to travel
SHARE YOUR STORY
We have a rapidly growing community of people with CLOVES and a network of supporters who want to learn more. One of the most powerful ways to spread awareness is by sharing your story.
Awareness leads to action and to understanding more about the disease and the unique needs of our community. Thank you for sharing your story with us!
Make a Donation
Your contribution will sustain and support our vision of an improved quality of life for people with CLOVES syndromeDonate
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”
– Margaret Mead