In this section, you’ll find our two CLOVES publications for kids, blogs, e-magazines, access to our secret FaceBook group, as well as resources for coping with progressive and chronic illness.
Four Leaf Clovers – A book for young children with CLOVES
The story of Four Leaf Clovers draws parallels between children with CLOVES Syndrome and those without, focusing on acceptance, inclusion, and diversity. Four Leaf Clovers strives to not only illustrate acceptance but to shine a light on some simple ways being different can have its benefits. While it was written with CLOVES Syndrome in mind, Four Leaf Clovers is truly a story about embracing differences of all kinds. The age range for this book is approximately 8 and under, but the message is for people of all ages!
Four Leaf Clovers was written by Lauren Beaureguard, in collaboration with Kristen Davis, Executive Director of CLOVES Syndrome Community, and beautifully illustrated by artist Kate Fitzpatrick.
You can make a donation of $25 here – indicate you’d like a copy of Four Leaf Clovers in the memo line – to cover the costs of printing and shipping the book in the US. If you’d like a copy mailed internationally, please email us about shipping rates at [email protected]
Incredible You – A Book for Kids with CLOVES
This book was created by author Lindsay Passodelis, in collaboration with CLOVES Syndrome Community. This book is geared towards kids and teens ages 8 and up, and is suitable for kids with CLOVES, their friends, and family members.
In this book you will meet Kate, a ten year old with CLOVES Syndrome. You will read about Kate’s medical experiences, how she talks about CLOVES, her friendships, how she copes and how she loves to have fun.
There are two ways to access this resource
- Suggested donation for this book is $15, to cover our costs to print and ship. If you put a check in the mail, enclose a note with how many copies of the book you would like.
Donation options here If you donate online, please add a note in the memo line that you are donating towards Incredible You. If you’d like a copy and cannot afford the $15 suggested donation, please contact us at [email protected], as we may be able to offer you a book for reduced cost.
- Print out the PDF of the book for free.
- Peace, Love, Heal – A blog about living with CLOVES
- Bandaides and Blackboards – This is a site dedicated to kids growing up with medical challenges
- Sew Able Dolls – Unique dolls just like you! – a company that makes dolls with special needs, wheelchairs and adaptive equipment
- Paralyzed pets having fun – A recent CBS article on pets with special needs
- Complex Child E-Magazine – Complex Child is a monthly online magazine written by parents of children with special healthcare needs and disabilities
- Disarming Disability – We live with a disability, but that’s only part of our story.
To join our secret Facebook Group for people with CLOVES and/or their primary caregiver(s), please friend our welcome account.