Join the PIK3CA Related Conditions Research Roundtable:
As part of the development of the Patient-Led Collaborative Research Network for PIK3CA Related Conditions (PROS), CLOVES Syndrome Community is launching a new opportunity and space for researchers to connect, share and learn from one another.
Our Research Roundtable will meet every other month and will focus on knowledge exchange, feedback on ongoing projects, sharing work and research in progress. The Research Roundtable will be moderated by Ralitsa Madsen (Sir Henry Wellcome Fellow, UCL Cancer Institute, UK). Each meeting will feature one 20-minute presentation, with time for questions and discussion, for a total of one hour.
This roundtable is for:
- Basic and pre-clinical researchers in academia and industry
- Graduate students
- CLOVES Syndrome Community funded research grantees
- Patient advocacy organization leaders
Goals of the roundtable:
- To accelerate progress in basic PROS research through open knowledge exchange
- To enable PROS researchers to share positive as well as null results independent of formal publication venues
- To enable PROS researchers to get feedback on ongoing or planned projects, akin to an international “lab meeting”
- To foster international collaboration among PROS researchers
Why you should join:
- Support patient-led collaborations for ultra-rare diseases
- Because people with rare diseases matter
- Support Open Science
- Benefit from expert feedback
Expectations of group members:
- Active participation (80% attendance)
- Commitment to minimum one presentation a year
- Commitment to share ongoing work independent of publication
- This is a closed-door conversation. All information shared within this meeting is considered confidential unless otherwise specified.
You must register for the roundtable here
2023 Research Roundtable Dates
(11am EST/ 4pm UK)
Thursday January 19, 2023
Thursday March 30, 2023
Thursday May 25, 2023
Thursday July 27, 2023
Thursday September 28, 2023
Thursday November 30, 2023
January 19, 2023 Agenda – New Year Kickoff. Brainstorming session about collaboration, open science, engaging new researchers and roadblocks.
Past Roundtable Presenters
Dr. Wen Yi Aw, PhD – UNC Chapel Hill – “Microphysiological modeling of PIK3CA-driven vascular malformations”
Colin Ratcliffe, PhD – The Francis Crick Institute – “Imaging response to Akt kinase inhibition in 3D models”
Elisa Boscolo, Boscolo Lab and Dr. Adrienne Hammill, MD PhD – Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
Dr. Romuald Girard -“PIK3CA gain of function, a new insight in cerebral cavernous malformation pathogenesis”.
Ralitsa Madsen – Establishing MADR-based cell models for systems biology studies of PIK3CA activation
Emily Erickson , Toker Lab – Targeting the PI3K/AKT pathway using pan-AKT degraders
Ana Angulo-Urarte – PIK3CA Variants in PROS